Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 22, 2012


Things have been going well! We had a dang bad week though. We didn't find a single new investigator, so that was brutal. And we hardly taught any lessons, so that sucked. And we don't have anyone committed with a baptismal date, so that sucks, but we have people who are close, who are just trying to quite smoking. Soeur Dumaïs and Jessica and Gaetan and Francine are all like, |-| that close to getting baptized  And we have a few people that are just doing awesome, Luz, the columbian who is living the Word of wisdom, which is super impressive that she quit smoking, because columbians are just known for their coffee addictions. =P And we have other friends who we meet every day, and some that we haven't seen in a long time. Mario. Darn Mario! He was supposed to come to conference, and he was committed with a baptismal date, but we haven't seen him in like 3 weeks!! It's killing us! He lives about 30 seconds from our house too, so we stop by all the time just to see if he is home, but he never is. There is a lot of work here. It's great! We talked to our bishop yesterday about trying to do a huge "Cultural Night" in the ward because there are people from over 15 different countries here, and if we combine up with the three other wards in the area, than it can be huge! And our bishop was super enthusiastic, and even said that that was an Idea he had been working on for over a year, but everyone he approached about doing it said they didn't want to be in charge. So, because we brought up the idea, Elder Garcia and I were made heads of the activities committee for the cultural night. Which is cool, but kind of a pain in the butt. We didn't want to have to be in charge! Well, I didn't, but my companion REALLY did. =) Power. It does crazy things to us all. I'll try and send some pictures too this week! Oh. Another crazy thing. A sister that is in my district who came to Quebec with me, but started one transfer before me, hit her 1 year mark last week. Which is super cool, but it's terrifying because that means that in 6 weeks, I'm going to hit my 1 year mark!! WAHHH!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't think I'm ever going to come home. Sorry guys! 

Transfer calls are this saturday. I have no idea what is going to happen. I could possibly go district leader for a district of 6 teams. That is huge. Before the anouncemnt, districts were never bigger than 3 or 4 teams. Tops. Our district is over half the size of our zone! Or, I could stay Jr. Companion. Or I could get transfered out, Or... the possibilities are endless... Or, not endless, but the list is really long. 

I love y'all!!

Elder Austen Oviatt

We didn't have a dryer in our apartment for a long time. This was how I did my drying. that is 2 weeks worth of socks. But we got a dryer this week. No worries!


we did a caban a sucre. A sugar shack! we had the syrop that you pour on the snow and it is delicious! And I ate like 14 because the members made me... I felt so sick after! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment