Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Hey!! Merry Christmas to everyone! Joyeux Noel! Feliz Navidad!!

Yeah, that last one was in Spanish... No big deal...

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I know I did! These last few weeks have just been insane. I love christmas, but I dont think I like Christmas on the mission. You don't work at all, and then just the thought of going back to work just makes you feel icky inside. It's crazy how a little bit of lazy can corrupt a whole 7 months worth of hardworking habits! Main en tout cas... Last week we headed up to MOntreal for our mission christmas party. it was tons of fun, and made me feel very small. I have spent the last 7 months in Quebec, in the Quebec zone, so to me, that is the extent of the mission. It doesn't go further than the Quebec zone. But it does. And their are so many missionaries there... and I thought I knew them all... But I dont. Not even close. =) But we watched Princess Bride! That was tons of fun! And we got flu shots. I enjoyed that one. It didn't even hurt at all! I was impressed! 

Then we had christmas up here. Lots of doing nothing. Played Risk, and this other risk type game. It's Japanese. And a touch more complicated than risk. But fun. Then we played some ball hockey with the branch. That was fun too! Got to open presents (I got Skunky!! Woot!!)! I don't really know what else to say. I am excited to forget about Christmas. I love the season, and the feelings that it brings, but it has killed missionary motivation. =) But that's OK! because we will forget about it here in a few days, and then next thing we know it will be August, and everyone will be freeking out about how much time has passed... Gah, gotta love being a missionary! 

Anyways, I have to go buy some groceries! I love you all, and have a happy and safe New Year!!

Que Dieu te bĂ©nisse,

Elder Austen Oviatt

No comments:

Post a Comment