Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 7, 2013

Hey everyone! happy New Years!!

I hope everyone had a great Dec 31st, I know I enjoyed myself. Sang Karaoke, watched everyone do some dances, chicken dance, hokey pokey... all the good stuff. It's nice to know that those classic songs you always hear at the dances are also present at dances in Quebec. =)

Life is great though! Transfer calls are this weekend! Pfht! It has NOT been 6 weeks since I arrived here, but I guess it has! Not expecting a whole lot to change though, President already warned us that not a whole lot will happen here this week. We have President Cannon coming up with Sister Cannon for interviews Tuesday! That should be fun! We have a little bit of last minute tidying up to do, but... it's accomplish-able. 

As for me, I shall share a few of my new years resolutions.

1. I resolve to try harder to eat better. I can tell you though, thus far, it isn't going so well... But That's OK, I have 350 days left to improve!!
2. Learn Spanish! It's just starting. For sure, I'm not able to hold a conversation, but thanks to my french, I already understand 60-75% of what Spanish people say (the percentage gets smaller the faster people speak)!!
3. Focus on others. I have spent a large part of my life (like 19 years of it) Thinking about me. What a pleasure it is to be able to think wholly about others. So I want to take advantage of that and truly try and focus my thoughts on what I can do to help others even more. 

I have a few others, but I don't have a whole ton of time left today (Man, life is just difficult for a missionary... We never have enough time for anything.) We are going to the Ice Hotel here in Quebec today, and we still have to do our grocery shopping. Life was so much easier to manage when we had our own vehicle. =)

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week! Drive safe, Canadian roads are the worst!

Elder Austen Oviatt

1.
2.
3. 

The sliding door in our apartment often freezes up, and it makes super pretty crystals when the sun hits them right!

The balloons we set up for the balloon drop at midnight!!

Remy Lachance-Leblanc. Our most recent Baptism here in Ste.-Foy!  December 12th, 2012

 I wore a brutally purple sweater with a nasty green tie to zone study. It was awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment