Friday, November 30, 2012

Nov 26, 2012

Bonjour mes amigos! 

Goodness, this week was just an all around good time!

We got a text from our zone leaders at the beginning of the week saying that as a zone, we needed 20 more new investigators to make our monthly goal (our month ended this week. I don't understand why a month isn't just the same as a regular month, but that's OK... I guess...). so they needed us to really go hard. the break down was for every companionship to find 3 new investigators. Which, individually isn't too hard to do! But to have every team in the zone do it simultaneously, that is where the difficulty level increases. So we had a big zone fast, and ended up finding 35 new investigators this week! That is incredible  Elder Beaumont and I found 5 new investigators this week! WOW! That is incredible for us! Super huge faith builder. Fasting is so powerful, for some reason... But hey! Who are we to fight against something that works?! 

We did splits this week! It was tons of fun! I got to drive around Chicoutimi! Man, the layout of that city is a little... wonky... =) I was with Elder Thia, so I got some hardcore French Lessons again, which was grand, because there is only so much that you can correct on your own when you don't know what mistakes you are making and how to make them better. 

Saturday we did another little trip around the Lake. Well, not around it at all, but just to a little town called La Doré. There is a man who lives there, who was baptized 10 years ago in Southern Alberta, who is Less active, so we decided to go out and visit him! What a fruitful visit it was! We had his address, and so we went and knocked on his door, and a man came to the door, opened it about 3 inches, said, I'll pass on my turn, thanks, and shut the door. I knew that wasn't our man though, because he spoke french Perfectly, and I had talked on the phone to the guy we were trying to find, and I knew that he had a very thick English accent, so I decided that we were going to knock on his door again. And again. And again, until he came back and we could talk to him. So I think we knocked about 6 or 7 times. And it was terrifying. After every knock I was certain that he was going to come to the door with a shot gun or something! But finally he came to the door, threw it open and was about to start yelling at us, but I got in faster with a large string of  "SORRYSORRYSORRYSORRYWEDONTMEANTOBOTHERYOU!" That caught him off guard, and he paused, so I had time to get in a "We are just looking for our friend Brad" And luckily our man knew exactly where Brad lived! He directed us to his house just a few streets (Ok, just around the corner, the town isn't big enough to have a few streets, there were 2ish...), and off we went. The guy Brad is super cool thought! He is from BC, Lived in Southern Alberta for a long time, working the summers in Waterton and stuff, specifically the Prince of Whales hotel!!! We had a nice little chat about that, since I have been to Waterton countless time! He was super nice though. Has a 7 year old daughter, and his wife is awesome too, and they were super excited to have us come back too! He met his wife in Waterton, they both worked in the POW Hotel for a summer. She is originally from La Doré. 

Like I said in my last email, time is flying by. This week I will officially hit my 6 month mark! BUT, Pres. Uchtdorf asked missionaries to always think like we are in the middle of our missions, so I'v actually been out for a year! 

Transfer Calls are this Saturday, so that will be insane! I hope to stay in Alma for the next transfer (Christmas!!) but whatever happens, happens! Next email you get will contain big news! If I stay I will spend at least 7.5 months in Alma, and if I leave, well that is just cool news!! But with that, Dont send me any mail to my apartment for the next week please. If I go and I don't get my mail before I go it will be like a month at least before I get the mail after it arrives in Alma... =) 

Anyways, I love you all!! And can't help but laugh at all the snow you guys have out there right now! We still have none. A little skift here and there, but other than that none! 

Elder Austen Oviatt


1. Remember how I told you we bought a lot of Chef Boyardee? Yeah, well, we made a pyramid out of them... =) 72 can exactly. Minus all the ones we already ate. 
2. We bought even more bananas this week. Like, 42. Hahahahah, needless to say, we finally have enough left over bananas to make banana bread! 

No comments:

Post a Comment