Monday, November 19, 2012

November 17, 2012


Well Hello there! 

How has life been these last few days? Can you believe that it has only been 7 days since my last email? I know I can't. There is this song, called the Canada Montreal Mission song. written by missionaries in the Canada Montreal mission, recorded on the mission (With permission from the mission president of course), and there is a line in it that goes "Days felt like weeks, weeks felt like days, two years felt like a dream" Well, I can totally tell you that yes, days feel like they never end. Transfers end and it feels like you just started them. I Can't believe it has almost been 6 months that I have been out here! 6 WHOLE MONTHS! Where has the time gone?!!? Anyways... 

This week has been a good one! We are always super busy, but we have tons of fun along the way. Elder Beaumont and I just seemed to get along super well since we first met each other, and the last few weeks we seem to be doing even better! Our personalities are the same enough, but different enough, you know? I know that I probably wouldn't be able to stand me if I wasn't me, or if there were two of me, and I've seen the opposite of me, and it's just... too opposite, I don't like that one either. So Elder Beaumont is a great mix of me and opposite of me. A composite you might say. Kind of like a fiberglass hockey stick. Light, and way overpriced. He is mostly me, but with enough opposite to keep me from punching him in the thyroid gland. And if I did do that, he would then have thyroid problems, and to compensate for his damaged thyroid, he would have to eat coconut oil for the rest of his life. Because, As I always say, We all know coconut oil is good for the thyroid gland! (Thank you Soeur Bouchard).

En Tout Cas, Yesterday we met a man who was part of the "Rose Croix". Now, I don't know if that translates into pink cross, or into rose cross in English, but irregardless, their beliefs are... Way out there. Something that did appeal to me in their beliefs, however, was that Humans origionated from Dragons. I WANT TO BE A DRAGON! But alas, we have lost this form, and now are doomed to walk the earth in these gravity-enslaved bodies... Haha, no, he was a super nice guy, and had probably was the most easy to understand person who has spoken to us in French ever, so that was awesome. I literally understood every single word he said! It was beautiful. 

We also did the Tour do Lac this week! We drove all the way around the Lac-St.-Jean! It was tons of fun, we met a whole bunch of people and actually have a few return appointments, so we will be doing the tour du lac again on the 24th! But, it is not pretty anymore, because everything is gray and dead, and the sun goes down at like 4:30, so we can't even really see anything after that either... But we will be making a trip out to a little town called La Doré, where a Less Active lives. He moved here and has never been to church, because he lives like 2 hours away. But we are going to go and re-activate him and his family (if he has a family? We don't really know anything about him). We are also going to visit a family called the Awashish. They have met the missionaries for a loooong time, have had all the lessons, want to get baptized, know the church is true, but live an hour and a half ish away from Alma, and she works on call at the hospital, so she can't ever make it to church, which sucks! But apparently her job is more stable now, so she may be able to make it out to church, which means that she could be baptized! So we are über pumped! 

We had our branch bowling activity too! We had invited a whole bunch of our friends, but only three showed up, and they called us half an hour before the activity started to see if they could still come. They were... HILARIOUS! they had never bowled before, and man, they were a great show! 

Yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. I talked about Light. I rocked it. I think... I'm a little biased though... It's a little different giving a talk out here than back home though! First of all, it's in French... so that is nothing like talks in the Park. And second, because there are so few members, only one person talks so that they don't have to do a talk every 3 or 4 weeks. So I talked for like 30-40 minutes about Light. It was super awesome. I got to tell the Horse Camp Story. Yeah, I worked that in. Every one needs to know about the Horse camp. And Tex. R.I.P. Tex, You tasted dilici...no, disgusting, Sorry, you tasted disgusting. I love this town so much, and they people who live in it. I would love to stay here for the next year and a half even. This experience is one of a kind, and I highly suggest that EVERYONE DO IT. Sisters, Elders, Yung'ins, and old fogies too! It is amazing. Just... GAH! Amazing!

I love you all, and I hope you have an amazing week! This week should be jam packed for us too, we have splitz and another trip around the lake! =) 


Love you all!



Elder Austen Oviatt

Ecclésiaste 11:7

La lumière est douce, et il est agréable aux yeux de voir le soleil.

Ecclesiastes 11:7

Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun.

This is just a super awesome scripture I found whilst looking up stuff for my talk. I like it a lot. However, this does not mean that you should stare at the sun for long periods of time. 8]

This is a typical breakfast here in Alma. You could say we eat like kings. Oatmeal.... Mmmmmmm....



 We recently had a stainless steel door installed in our apartment. I think it is super cool. 


 This is a picture of all the bananas we bought this week. We had planned to make banana bread with all the extras, but we ended up just eating them all... all 27 of them. 


We have a Google Plus account to to our district studies online, because we live to far away to do them in person, and everyone has a funny profile picture. This is ours. We thought it was prime, so we thought we would share it with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment