Monday, November 19, 2012

November 12, 2012

Goodness Gracious Sakes alive! 

It has been FOREVER!! Like, 14 whole days! Life has been absolutely ridiculous lately!!

So, sorry I didn't write last week, we went to Quebec for three days, but we had to leave early because we took a back road that takes us about... 2 hours longer, and we stopped at all the little towns on the way down to buy "Epinglettes". Every town in Quebec has a "Town pin" and it is kind of a missionary tradition/contest to get as many pins as you can. Then nice thing about serving in Alma is that our area is so huge and has so many little towns in it that we can get so many epinglettes! Prime!

Quebec was super fun though, we were there Monday for our Zone activity, and we had a barbeque and played games in teh gym, then Tuesday we had zone conference, so President Cannon and Sis. Cannon came up and gave us a training, and the Assistants, and the Office missionaries (All the senior couples), and then Wednesday was zone study, where it was just us as a zone giving trainings and stuff. I had to talk on teaching less active lessons. Which was ridiculous for me, because I have never taught a less active lesson in my life! But I think I handled myself pretty well. All who know me should know that I kind of have a knack for talking about things that I have no clue about.

Oh! Hehehe, on the way down to Quebec, we hit a bird. That brought my total up to 3 animals hit in the truck. 2 birds with Elder Heder, and a bird with Elder Beaumont. And then, on the way home on Wednesday, it was dark out, so I asked Elder Beaumont to say a prayer to ask for safety as we drove back home, and AS HE WAS SAYING THE PRAYER, I ran over a rabbit. =P My bad! The animals were craazy that night though, I almost hit a second rabbit, AND, two cats! I hit the brakes in all 3 cases, and if I hadn't slowed down, I would have gotten them. But there was no ice on the roads, so we were OK.

We had a cool experiance this week, Sunday evening we went out to go knock on doors, and we decided to go knock this one street, and Elder Beaumont asked me where I thought we should start, so I pointed to a house, and we knocked on the door, got invited in, and were there for like an hour and a half! It was crazy! That never happens! The Lord is watching out for us. He knows that we are working hard and that we are trying, so as such, he is placing us in the right places at the right time. 

The weather here is weird. We recieved about 1/8th of a centimeter of snow yesterday, and it was melted by noonish, and the snow that wasn't gone, melted when it started to rain at 4:00. I don't know, chez nous, we always have snow by halloween, so I'm having a hard time believing that it is actually November. I think it's a lie, and that it is really just Early Octobre. Like, today I could go out with just a short sleeved shirt on! 

This week Elder Beaumont and I are going to take a trip around the lake! We are super excited, going to do missionary work in small little towns with crazy names, like Petite-Riviere-de-Sainte-Francois. =) I appologize that this is not a longer letter, but we have so much stuff that we have to do this week, since we completely missed our P-Day last week. we have two weeks worth of shopping to do, and two weeks worth of cleaning to do, and two weeks worth of letters two write! I love you all, and I hope you have fun in the Snow!! Because you have snow and we don't! 

Elder Austen Oviatt

We passed by the biggest Emu Farm in Canada. They probably have like 6 Emu's because I can't imagine that there is a large competition for that title in Canada... And I have no idea why that Chef hat sign is there, Maybe you can eat Emu too?

This picture was taken specifically for Eric Behr. This is a Korg Piano. Like your "Korg the Destroyer". Eric, I don't know if you read this, so if you don't, ask Deanna to show it to you. The guy said he bought it in the late 70's, early 80's. I thought it was prime! 



No comments:

Post a Comment