Monday, July 2, 2012

A Wet Week

Hey all! How's life back in Not Quebec? I was kind of sad this week thinking about everyone not in Quebec when no one here did ANYTHING for Canada Day yesterday! It was sad to not see any kids running around with their faces painted with not so quality Canadian flags and maple leafs... But, to celebrate, Elder Heder and I made a home made Poutine Saturday night. It wasn't actually too bad! And Courtney, Both of our hands are completely unscathed. The Poutine here in Quebec is insane though... I have a whole bunch of pictures that I need to send you guys, but I keep forgetting my camera cord. Oops! This week has been crazy! We have been having Super hot moments ( an hour, or just 45 minutes) Then Thunderstorms for about the same about of time. For the past 4 days it has been like this! Just sun, then rainstorms, then sun, then thunder, then sun, then HAIL!! I was in the biggest, longest hailstorm of my life! It was so cool! The storm came on instantly! We were out doing service for a member in the ward, then it started to rain, and by the time we walked from the back of his backyard to his house, it was a torrential rain, and we were almost soaked. Then, like 30 seconds later, it started to hail. Just small at first, but then huge hail! It got to the point where the hail was as big as an ice cube! I have pictures of that too. And it was raining so hard! And the water was flowing in the gutters about 3 or 4 feet from the sidewalk, and then, almost instantly, it was stopped and the sun was out and the water was gone and the hail had melted... it was so weird! Anyways, life is good here, we have been teaching a lot, and tracting a lot. Elder Heder is a good trainer, and has been making me do lots of the talking, which is super hard, because you have to use very formal language when speaking to people you don't know, and so instead of saying 'Tu' Which is 'you' you have to say 'vous' which is basically the same thing, just polite. But you have to conjugate everything to Vous instead of Tu, so that changes everything about how you speak. I still have major issues remembering to do the switch over, but that's OK. We have an investigator with a baptismal date of the 28th, so hopefully he follows through with everything! He is a super awesome guy named Roger, and everyone in the branch loves him and is super excited for him. Oh! Tell Brittany that I have joined Ted's side, and Nylon is quickly becoming my favorite... If she doesn't understand that, tell her to email me. But she should know. Oh! They have the most amazing sunsets here in the world. You should all be jealous! Uh, what else. Oh! Today I'm headed down to Quebec City for a zone study, we will be coming back tomorrow evening, so hopefully that is fun? I have no idea what to expect though, so it should be good no matter what!

Anyways, thats about it for this week!

Love y'all!

Elder Austen Oviatt

No comments:

Post a Comment