Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Well hey y'all!!

Yeah, that's right. I just greeted you in "American Hick". You thought I was learning French? Well you were misinformed...

Life is awesome up here in Alma!! It is beautiful and gorgeous and stunning! Let me tell you a bit about this past week and a half!

We didn't end up going out to Rimouski last week, our plan got cancelled at the last minute by President Cannon. Which really isn't a huge deal, but we had already finished our shopping for the week, and had only bought a half a weeks worth of food... And our P-Day this week was on a Wednesday, so we had half a week of food for a week and a half of time. But we had some miracles, so we were all totally fooded up this week. We had a brunch last Saturday,with the Branch, it was our Branch Brunch, it was awesome! We had 6 investigators there! That was crazy awesome! But, one of our miracles was that all the extra food left over after the Brunch we got to take home and eat, so we had plenty of sausages and eggs and beans. And butter.

It has been so hot these last few days! The humidity is still killing me... About a week ago, I was sitting at my desk during study time and I thought to myself "You know, it's hot out, but it's not that bad. I can handle this, I must be getting used to the humidity!"! I was excited! But then this weekend I realized that I wasn't getting used to the humidity, there just was no humidity, and when the humidity came back, I died. It is just such a gross feeling to go to bed at night, sticky from the humidity, and wake up 8 hours later, stickier then when you went to sleep because it got more humid as the night went on. Not a good feeling...

There was a parade and some fireworks here in Alma a few days ago, and the fireworks started after our curfew, but luckily, we could see them from our windows in our apartment, so we took a break from planning and watched the fireworks.

Our investigator Roger is doing great! He had his baptismal interview yesterday and our district leader said he was good to go! So we will be preparing the baptismal service for the 28th in Alma here!! We are so excited for the ward to have a new member! And Roger is loved by all here in the ward! Hopefully his baptism will help our other investigators to see the blessing that baptism is and keep on the path of righteousness! We have met some people from some crazy places though! We had a guy from Sengal, and a family from Mali, and the branch presidents wife is from Belgium! Lots of diversity here, it's not like Sherwood Park at all...

We had splits this week, so Elder Stanley, our district leader went out with Elder Heder and I yesterday and that was super fun! It was great to get a chance to learn from other missionaries! Elder Heder said that splits are good for a few things, one is to learn things from missionaries that you want to do, and the other is to learn things from missionaries that you don't want to do. And to appreciate the things about your companion that you love. Check, check and check. I mean, I loved splits, but I will stick with Elder Heder thank you...

Today after we do all of our shopping and stuff we will be headed out with the Bouchard family in our branch to go pick Raspberries. I am so excited. The raspberries here are super famous, Lac-St-Jean region has lots of fruits. In 2 weeks the blueberries are ripe too. And the blueberries here are much more famous than the raspberries. One of the things that the Lac-St-Jeanians are super proud of their raspberries for is that they are blue all the way though. Not like store bought raspberries that are like, white on the inside. To be honest, I don't remember what the inside of blueberries look like, so for all I know they could be completely lying to me, but I trust them. For now. =)

I have gotten a few letters from people, and I will try my hardest to reply to them as soon as I can! I promise I haven't forgotten about you!

I think I will be starting to leave these emails with a spiritual thought. Just a little tid-bit of goodness and joy. Who can say no to a little more goodness and joy in their lives, right?!

3 Néphi 5:13

Voici, je suis disciple de Jésus-Christ, le Fils de Dieu. J'ai été appelé par lui pour annoncer sa parole parmi son peuple, afin qu'il ait la vie éternelle.

3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

I love this scripture. It applies so well to myself as a missionary. Well, all missionaries really! Whenever it gets hard to wake up at 6:30 every morning and exercise and study for four hours a day, and keep working every single day, I read this scripture. I have been called of God to declare his word among his people that they might have everlasting life. Yeah, I made a personal choice to come here and work, but truly, I have been called of God by a living Prophet to serve and to declare his word, to help people find everlasting life. That is why I am here as a missionary. Yes, I am here to help people in any way possible, but my main goal as a missionary is to baptize people. Why? Because it is only by baptism by immersion by those who hold the priesthood authority from God that anyone can be accepted into the courts of God and find everlasting life. What greater help can I give?


Is it just me, or does that firework not totally remind you of something starwars!?!


That one I just think is cool looking, and it reminds me of a green algae we studied in Biology, called Volvox. It was probably one of the coolest looking things we looked at. I suggest googleing a "volvox algae" and then comparing the pictures of the algae against the picture of the firework.


Oh, did I forget to mention in the email that Tinkerbell visited us this weekend? It was kinda cool, we flew off to Neverland for a few days, met the lost boys, fought some pirates... But we kept all the missionary rules, so it was OK!

This is a sunset here in Alma. Not the best picture, because there are a lot of houses that are in the way... But you kind of get the idea. I'm going to send a picture that Elder Heder took of a sunset in Chicoutimi. It's National Geographic good...


No comments:

Post a Comment