Monday, July 9, 2012

This guy is long winded

Ah! Bonjour mes amis! Comment ca va?

Man, it's a whole lot easier to speak in French then it is to write in French. Not that I can still really speak that well in French, but it's coming! I guess...
Let us see, what has happened in the last week? Well, last Monday Elder Heder and I drove 45 minutes to a town called Chicoutami, where we carpooled with the Elders there down to Quebec City for a Zone Study. There were 18 missionaries there and we spent the day at a big waterfall in Quebec, and then we played Ultimate Frisbee and went to a place called "Chocolate Favori" where they have these chocolate dipped cones that make DQ cones look like trash. The largest size (which is like, 6 bucks, but totally worth it) is like, 8 inches of ice cream above the cone, then dipped into your choice of milk or dark chocolate. And the chocolate they use there is so good. You get a nice thick coat of chocolate, and tons of ice cream. I got a medium and almost didn't finish it, just because the chocolate is so rich and the cone is so huge! I'll send some pictures of that.

Then after that we helped some missionaries move, then we slept over at our zone leaders apartment. That was not so fun. There were 6 of us, all piled in this room, because rules say you have to sleep in the same room as your companion, and we just had a whole bunch of mattresses on the floor. None of us slept that well that night. Then we had our Zone study the next morning, and President Cannon showed up after a three hour drive from Montreal that he would have had to leave at 6 AM to have made it on time to. Man, he is an awesome President! Then we drove home Tuesday afternoon and did more missionary stuff in the evening. We had a few lessons and did some more tracting. Good times were had by all.

I had my first Dinner Appointment last night! Elder Heder and I went to our Branch Presidents house for supper and to talk to him about the branch and stuff. He lives about 40 minutes away, so it was a long drive, but it was super pretty. This whole place is just gorgeous! The sunsets here are absolutely amazing, like, you don't even understand. Life is good here though, Elder Heder and I are spending lots of time teaching lessons and finding people, and the French here is super funny. Sometimes at doors where an elderly person lives, they will start to talk to us, and Elder Heder and I will just look at each other and neither of us will have any idea of what the person just said. So we just say yes then bare our testimonies of something. 8] We still have our investigator who is preparing for Baptism, and he is still trucking along, doing very well!

Oh! This next week, I need to tell everyone now or else I will forget, I wont be sending my email on Monday, because we are having a special district study where President and Sister Cannon are coming up to talk to us, it should be good, but we have to move our P-Day to Wednesday just so we don't miss any email time because the meeting is going to be on Monday. And this week should be exciting! Tuesday we are going on exchanges with our district leader, who lives in Rimouski. Which is about 6ish hours away from here, so we will be leaving Tuesday morning. At 4 AM at the latest. Because we have to catch a ferry and that leaves at 9, and we have to be there at or before 8:00 as the parking space on the ferry is a first come first serve basis, and we need to get across the great waters. And so that means that today, we have our P-Day, and then we have a dinner appointment at 6, then as soon as we are done with that we will be coming home to go to bed. We get to mess around with the mission rules a little bit! Hehe, were such Mauvais Garcons (tough Guys)!!

Anyways, I Love you all, and am trying my absolute hardest out here to be obedient and to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength! I love hearing from everyone, so if you feel so inclined to send me a letter, I would love that! I mean, I'm not saying that I am going to cry myself to sleep if no one sends me anything, because I sure hope that I am over that stage of my mission... But seriously, I'd love to hear from everyone and anyone!

I love you all, and you are all in my prayers!

Bisoux,

Elder Austen Oviatt

No comments:

Post a Comment