Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 23, 2013

HEY HEY!!!

So, this week was fun and action packed! But I will try and explain everything to you in an organized way. So, I started writing things down to tell you about on my Mondays spot in my planner so I could actually start sending you decent emails. It's a good, idea, but so far it's still a work in progress. Only 2 things on my list. =) Next week will be better.

So, last Monday I was sick. How sick? Well, apparently sick enough to forget to tell you that I was sick. I just had a little cold, but it knocked me flat on my be-hind. my back was so sore that I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes, then I couldn't sit down either for more than a few minutes. I was up and down and up and down. I tried to drink it out with Hot Chocolate, but that didn't work, it just made me have to pee a whole ton. Then, we went to Walmart to do our grocery shopping and we grabbed some NeoCitrin and I had two glasses, and when I woke up Tuesday, there was absolutely nothing. So that was really nice. Working whilst sick really isn't fun. But I mean, while we are talking about being sick, I was sick basically all this week, and most of the week before that too. Mom, you remember how I used to be lactose intolerant when I was little but then I kind of grew out of it? Well, apparently, if I drink enough milk on a regular basis, it comes back. Haha. I have been eating oatmeal every morning for breakfast, and it is delicious. But I started doing it with Milk instead of water, because it tastes much better, and we don't go through milk very fast, so, I'm just making sure it doesn't go bad, right? So anyways, Milk EVERY morning, was making my stomach rumble and grumble and not feel good at all. And then this is where everything takes a turn for the worst. Chocolate milk goes on sale. A dollar a liter. so Elder Wright and I bought 4 liters. Each. It destroyed me. BUT I LOVE CHOCLATE MILK SO MUCH. So it was worth it. I was really gassy, and bloated, and it felt like someone had a hold of my intestines and was twisting them up like an egg-beater. And I kept on drinking. Lactose intolerance? more like, Insatiable-desire-for-chocolaty-lactose-drinks. Tolerance. Philic. Got MIlk?

There is NO French up here. Dad asked. Just answering his question. But we work every single Friday at an old-fogies home, playing cards. For an hour and a half every week. We play Eucher. It's a super fun, fast paced game. I really like it. Last week Me and Ernie (we play with Ernie and Edith every week. OUr Card buddies) cleaned up, winning three games to ElderWrights and Ediths' Zero. Yeah Ernie! But anyways, there are a few ladies in the Home who grew up on the Quebec side of the river who speak French. But the Ontario kind of French. It's not good, it's so much fun to talk to them. I can't understand them half of the time. But that being said, I don't understand them most of the time in English either. =) We played a little bit of piano for them Ladies on Friday, because Edith has some super easy old music books, and Elder Wright and I apostatly take turns playing music on the piano and dancing with Mona, one of the ladies there. It's great.

So, at our apartment, there are a few board games. And because Petawawa is an army base, we shouldn't be surprised that one of the games is Risk. another is Risk 2210AD. Another is Axis and Allies. It is a game based on WWII. It is tons of fun. Very confusing at first, and quite intricate, but we just played a game that took like an entire week to play. We played for like 6 hours last monday, and then during lunch and supper and every evening last week (During our time off, not during pross time, it's OK.) and then finally finished it off today. After another good 4 or 5 hours of play. Haha, we are such nerds. But after this last game we are both kind of done with it and will be spending MUCH less time playing games this week (probably like no time at all). 

And we just got a call from our mission fleet coordinator. He is the Senior Missionary who is in charge of the cars. Our car has 80 000 kilometers on it, so we are due for another one. And apparently we are going down to Montreal tomorrow to pick it up! Haha, it's a 4 hour drive. And then a 4 hour drive back. Tomorrow is going to be a loooong day. Haha, I'm excited. But that being said, we get to pick up a brand new car. BRAND NEW! Probably has less than 700 kilometers on it. If that. We are currently trying to put some nice up beat music on some CD's so I don't fall asleep on the trip. We also bought a 2 pound bag of sunflower seeds. I have never seen that many sunflower seeds before in my life! Haha, it's HUGE! We should be OK. If not, I guess Mom and Dad, you will get a phone call to find out how bad it was.

I love you all, this email is huge!!

Elder Austen Oviatt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment