Tuesday, June 11, 2013

May 27, 2013

Well... This email is kind of a... milestone... Today, I have as many P-Days left as I have had. CRAZY Actually, Mom and Dad, with all of the crazy news about shows and stuff going on, and cast parties, it made me realize that next year I may be here for the Facey gr. 12 shows! THAT is a weird thought. It is so strange. I remember going to the facey shows the year before I left so well, but at the same time, I can't really remember it. I know I went, and some faces and scenes I can play out so perfectly, but some are so fuzzy and faded that I just feel old and lke I have Alzheimers of something... Wait, Who are all of you people again? Where am I? What is this Glowing Box with strange black letters that appear when I touch this weird black rectangle?
Anyways... This week we have been bombarded by water. It just rained and rained and rained. It was ridiculous. So, last week we tried to get out in the mornings and go running or do some excercise and junk like that, but it was just too wet out, so we all had kind of a lazy morning week. Wake up at 6:30, pee, and then sit and stare blankly at the kitchen table untill 7:00 when we have to shower and eat breakfast.
Fun stuff though, we had stake conference this week! Man, it was tons of fun to see so many memmers in one place. It has been a while since I have seen so many Mormons... MTC was the last place I felt truly surounded by Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints. NOT ANYMORE. But, because our stake goes from the shouth shore of Montreal (Longueuil) all the way to the rest of the province eastward, I was super lucky and got to see President Duchesne and his wife, and Frere Bouchard and his wife from Alma!! It was tons of fun. A nice little reunion! Man, I forgot how peculiar those people were... =) And the entire branch of Rimouski came down for a temple trip and the elders did too, because they needed more endowed Priesthood holders to help them out, so the Elders got permission to come down and hit up the temple. Lucky... But they needed a place to stay, so they stayed in our apartment! It was a blast. And we are way tired now. Yeah for sleep overs. You think that after like 1 year of being on a mission you would learn that sleepovers are just bad news, but aparently not...
We have investigators. Not a ton of them, but they all have baptism dates and are progressing along. I really hop that before I leave this area that I can see some baptisms, But whether or not I do, That is not how success is measured. Success is dependant on your commitment to work hard and to serve the Lord. So Yeah Success! Win.
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment