Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012: this one made me laugh

HELLLLLO!!!

OK! So, first off, I would like to start and appologize to everyone because this is the only email that I am sending out this week. We had an awesome week! And by that I mean we spent way to much time with the Elders in Chicoutimi! We had splits on Wednesday, and I got to hang out with my good friend Elder Thia Soui Tchong. He is from France. Not Asia. Actually, more accurately, he is from La Reunion which is a little island off the Coast of Madagascar. But La Reunion is a French Colony, so he is aFrench citizen, and now lives in France with his Family, oing to school. Actually, he NOW lives in Chicoutimi. details. I learnt a lot from him, because he is a native French speaker, so we talked ni French allll the time, which was cool! And the splits were super super productive.

 I have to tell you about the friend we met! We had a lesson set up with Roger, to go give him a spiritual thought kinda deal and to introduce him to a new missionary. But he had a freind named Manuel there, and we were like, Dang, this is going to be a little bit awkward, but he ended up being crazy interested. I gave him a book of Mormon, and we started the lesson. We were sharing scriptures and stuff, And I was going to take my turn to read, and he was like, Is it OK if I read it? Uhhh..... Let me put it this way.... YES. He was super excited, but actually lives in Chicoutimi, so he isn't our investigator. He.... Ah, I'm just super happy for them!! He has a baptismal date for the 4th of November, and he will be totally good for it too!

 But, I'll tell you about this weekend, then I have to peace, and I will try and update you next week!! 

We had church in Chicoutimi this week, because there was a stake meeting, like the ones you do before General conference and stuff, and so Alma and Chicoutimi met together which was SO MUCH FUN! But, we had Choir practise at 8:15, so Chicoutimi invited us to sleep over at their place Saturday night so we could just get up and go to Church and not have to leave at like 7 to be there on time. So we went there. Then we stayed there Sunday evening, because we have to drive down to Quebec today, and it is a waste of Klicks to drive up to Alma, then back down the Quebec the next day because its like 40 minutes closer from Chicoutimi then from Alma. We went to a DA with Chicoutimi, which technically breaking the rules... because you are only supposed to have one set of missionaries per DA, but it wasn't like we could just go home and eat ourselves... But SHHHHH....... it's a secret, don't tell anyone!! And then after that we came home and went to sleep and stuff, and now it is monday, and we are sending Emails and then will be going to Sainte-Annes Canyon for our P-Day Zone Activity. I'm super pumped about it, a nice day of Hiking! OOH!! And we are having interviews with President Cannon!! I'm so excited about that it's not even funny!! 

Anyways, I have to go. I love you all!! Don't pee into the wind.

Elder Austen Oviatt

No comments:

Post a Comment