Monday, October 8, 2012

Goodness Gracious, I am so pressured for time Again...

Hello all my friends!!!!

How was life been? Great! Glad to hear it!

Lets see! Monday we drove down to Quebec for our Zone Study! We took a crazy back road to Canyon Saint Anne. Beautiful... And I think I may have actually seen real mountains!

Tuesday, we drove back, saw some more beautiful sights. Man, Autumn is truely beautiful. I mean, it's nice in Alberta too, but it only lasts like 4 days. It has been bright and orange for like 2 weeks up here!! We have been working hard, and have found an awesome young couple. They have 2 children and she runs a daycare in her home during the day. But their 4 year old? daughter asked us if we had girlfriends and we said no. Then like 2 minutes later she came out of the bathroom and was wearing lipstick. it was ridiculously cute! 

We have been working hard to find people to teach, and the Lord is watching over us and providing for us, but he is making us work for our success too. ; ) 

HAHAHAHAH,  I have to tell you about Tuesday... Dang... So we were coming home up the road to Alma from Quebec, and we saw the  "Portes do L'Enfere" sign (I'm sure I sent that one.. the one that means "the gates of hell") so we decided to take a few minutes to go check it out! Thinking it would be some beautiful nature thing because in Rimouski there is "gates of hell that is a waterfall and apparently it is stunning! So we go and ended up driving for an hour and a half on this crazy back road, dirt and rocks and stuff because there was nothing there. It was absolutely beautiful though! And the road connected right back to the Highway, so that was very lucky. The worst part was we were at the end, like, could see the highway, and we came to this little bridge with a "Pont fermé" sign. Which means bridge closed. We were so so so chapped, if we had to drive ALL the way back, then drive ALL the way back AGAIN... Gah!! =D But the bridge was actually fine. We had to use our 4 wheel drive a few times actually, it was a little sketchy in parts, but it made for an awesome adventure I will never ever forget.

Conference. WHAT!>?!!?! Really truely the only thing I can say about conference is that I am SUPER excited to hear about all the mission calls that will be coming in the next few months!! That is so crazy!!!

But no, really, conference was great, I actually payed lots of attention during it, which was awesome! I took notes too! I learnt a lot more than I usually do, which makes me a little sad that I didn't pay more attention earlier, but Oh well, we live and learn, right?!

Anyways, I love you all, and am super excited to have a nice quiet week here in Alma. No trips, no visits, just plain old Missionary work!

J'aime et j'espére,

Elder Austen Oviatt

It's been a while since I've done a spiritual thought. I have a little bit of time here, so I'll do one, but only in English.

Luke 15:4-6

4. What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5. And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

I love this scripture. Actually, this whole chapter is amazing. The Lord loves us all, and will do anything to come and help us return to the safety of the fold. Where we are protected from the wolves of the world. The love that the Savior has for us all is something that I am trying to emulate and express in every aspect of this work as a missionary. As a representative of Christ, if we don't emulate his greatest quality, his unconditional love, then people aren't going to be very convinced by us. 

This is (or at least was at one point) the favorite scriptures of one of my best friends. He has set a great example for me, and has been a huge support in my life. We have had fun together, and we may have also gotten in trouble one or two times together too. But I want him to know that I love him, and that I am so grateful for all he has done in his life. I have often looked to him as an example and a guide, and I'm sure he never even knew it. Thank You



Old School Gas Pump!!!



 Yeah, that's my birthday!! 

Canyon Saint Anne!



We may actually have driven all the way to Salt lake city! Or we may not have... 

Water. I want to just go swimming in that lake!

Danger. Mormon Missionaries in the Area.

No one was home... I left a Book of Mormon though!

So Orange! Something we really don't have in Alberta...

Breathtaking...





No comments:

Post a Comment