Monday, February 11, 2013

February 12, 2013


OK, Lets do a little update!

My life has been crazy lately! Elder Oxborrow and I have been tearing it up.
Last week we went to the ice hotel. It was super fun! Man, when I come back from my mission, and make a comfortable sum of 2.36 billion dollars, I will stay in one of those rooms. =) We had zone conference after that, and met with President Cannon and Sister Cannon and the AP's, it was great! We had 10 missionaries sleeping in our 1 bedroom apartment. we made them sleep 3 people to 2 mattresses. =) It was so squishy. And then we had to shower all 10 of us as quick as possible. I think I had a 3 minute shower. It was not totally effective. 

The Search for a new apartement is over, we got one, and were planning on slowly moving our stuff over to it, so that we would have a week to paint the bedroom in our old apartmemnt for the sisters, but then President Canon called us and said that instead of the Sister Missionaries coming in to the area Febuary 27th, on the transfer with everyone else, they would show up Febuary 18th. A week and 2 days before transfers, and 10 days earlier than we were expecting! So we have to jet to get ourselves moved in time. Oh how this transfer has been a little bit of a gong show. =D 

We had our baptism Saturday! Constance. She is awesome. She knew the church for about 5 years, but only decided to get baptised about 2 and a half months ago. She is loving the support and the friendship from the members, and can't wait to go to the temple on March 2nd for the ward temple trip! She is on fire, and loves her life. We have seen some big changes with her even in only the past 4 weeks. It has been increadible. The Gospel really does change peoples lives, and I can't beliebe that I have the chance to bring this into someone's life. 

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week. Transfer calls are next week, on Saturday. I can't believe how fast the past 12 weeks have gone... Goodness... I may have to leave Ste Foy... =( But we will see. Love you all my friends! 

Elder Austen Oviatt

We went to the Army base for lunch, and while we were there we met the only guy in the world who makes the hats that the royal guards wear. He let us try one on. It was super cool. The lunch was increadible too. 4 course, fine cuisine, We had smoked eel as an appetizer! 

Crazy ice sculptures!

Ice-Fire. Bet you never thought you would see one of those!

Just a super cool room. I think we decided that this was the coolest room.

Elder Oviatt, frozen in ice.

We play hockey with the branch every 2nd week. I sucked, but now my slapshots are getting a little bit more power behind them. Sorry Frere Carpentier!! =) 


Baptism of Constance L'Écuyer!! Super cool!!!

Companions

Me and My UKE!










No comments:

Post a Comment